AppleFest is a community event and fundraiser that celebrates the arrival of fall with live music, food, kids activities, vendors, and the beloved Applewalk, where participants take home delicious apple goods. Tickets are required.
2023 Event information
Date & Time
Sunday, October 1 from 12pm – 3pm
Join the Island Community Center for our annual AppleFest! This community event will benefit the ICC and its programming. The event is outside and includes activities that are fun for the whole family. Event attractions include:
- A live musical performance from Woodlily
- Reading circles with the Deer Isle and Stonington Libraries
- Selfie station with fall themed background
- Food service available with yummy treats including hot cider and baked goods & Chili
- Craft & activity stations for kids including , Touch a Truck, a scavenger hunt, and fall inspired art
- Games such as corn hole, coffee sack race, donut on a string contest, and pumpkin pie eating contest. Prizes will be given for winning.
- Fresh, local apples from local orchards
- A 50/50 raffle
- Vendors selling their home goods, self grown, or artist created items
- The chance to take home fall inspired baked prizes during the Applewalk
A ticket must be purchased for each Applewalk you plan to participate in (you’re welcome to sign up for all three if you wish!). Tickets are $10 and include a chance at winning up to 10 delicious items. More info below!
$10 per ticket | Age 10 and under $5
Age 1 and under FREE!
Live Music from Woodlily
Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest
Donut on a String Contest
Coffee Sack Race
Auction & 50/50 Raffle Winners Announced
What is an applewalk?
An Applewalk is a cakewalk, with all apple-themed prizes! Don’t know what a cakewalk is? Think musical chairs! Participants walk in a circle until the music stops. Each person will be standing on a number, then a winning number is drawn. The winner takes home an apple-related food item. Each Applewalk slot (of which there are 3), consists of 10 chances to win! Prizes might include apple crisps, tarts, muffins, cakes, etc. Items will be donated by community members, local restaurants, and world-class bakers.